Payroll giving Giving through your wages has just got simpler, thanks to a new charity friendly law! Not only is payroll giving a painless way to donate to Heart Kids (it comes straight out of your gross pay so you don't even miss it!) but the new law means that you will receive the tax credit instantly.
So in effect, if you pay tax at 33%, your monthly gift of $30 will only cost you $20 as you will instantly receive $10 in tax.
How does it work for employees?
• You advise your employer that you would like to make a regular deduction from your salary to Heart Kids.
• You receive immediate tax relief in the same pay packet for your donation, eliminating the need to retain your donation receipts to file a tax claim later in the year.
• Participation is completely voluntary.
How does it work for employers?
• Many payroll systems already have an existing employee giving function and will provide this to you at no extra cost.
• Employee giving can work as simply as Kiwi Saver
• A successful payroll giving programme can assist in making your company a great place to work, and allows for you to increase your image as a good corporate citizen at minimal cost.
• As an added incentive for your employees you can look at matching dollar for dollar their contribution.
• Through payroll giving with Heart Kids the opportunity will arise for employees to be involved in other fundraising and volunteering opportunities, adding greater value for staff engagement, retention and morale.
Get some work colleagues together and ask your employer how you can make a difference to the lives of the 12 babies born each week with a congenital heart condition. Work out your hourly salary and commit to donating that to Heart Kids each month.
Safe@Heart and Excel@Heart Both programmes are designed to help staff adhere to targets or KPIs within the workplace by incentivising the team with a donation to Heart Kids. These programmes can be tailored to suit the culture and strategy of your workplace.
To arrange for a Heart Kids representative to visit your workplace to discuss these programmes, please email
or call 0800 543 943.